Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Tuesday Again Here At The Cholla Branch Library.....

Tuesday Again Here At The Cholla Branch Library.....and we are making some progress it would seem.  Mom has sold off some stock and should be getting an overnighted check from TD Ameritrade soon with which she can deposit to her account at Navy Federal and next Tuesday, six days from now, we have an appointment at St. Francis Catholic Cemetary to inquire/find out about cemetary plots.  It looks like this Friday I can get loan $ from Mom and then I can buy a computer with this - hopefully something mid-range that is not cheap, will work well, has good storage, and can handle what I have to dish out to it.  We shall see - I know computers are getting more expensive and harder to acquire due to the computer chip shortage so I am hoping for the best.  I did see laptops in stock the last time I went to Best Buy not long ago so hopefully I will have some luck, hopefully.  

I have found an online site called Mercari that seems like something I could list on that would be less of a hassle than Ebay - Ebay does seem to be a nightmare and you need to be very careful there - and only list things that are not heavy.  On Mercari it does seem as if you can have better luck listing things and something else that is cool is that you can list things right from your smartphone which makes listing so much easier as I don't need separate tech to make the listing happen.  I would be so so so glad to get rid of some of my things, believe you me.  I am thinking of opening a checking account at First Convenience Bank at 16th Street and Roosevelt at the Ranch Market I so like where I earn $10 cashback on GetUpside every time I go there to so some shopping.  It turns out that because I am 55 years of age I can get their Power Checking Account for free - one of the few perks I've gotten due to getting older and I have no problem in claiming this perk.  It's a savings of $12 a month and it's close by and I really do like that.  That account could handle Mercari money I believe.  And it would not be hard to access the bank where I'd like to have money sent to - it's right around the corner and walkable in good weather but as soon as the heat amps up - take the damn bus - it's less exhausting in the heat to do so.

Something neat that has happened recently that does give me some measure of hope - last time I went to the Goodwill Outlet in Nogales, I took a duffel bag with me.  This bag was either sold or stolen - just like with my huge blue bin, good thing I caught that when I did, no? - and I said something to the really cool young woman who manages the place and seems to like me - and get this, she replaced it for FREE with a much nicer genuine Pendleton bag - now that was really cool and gives me hope and I do appreciate that.  Next time I go down to Nogales I will just call that cab driver who has the large vehicle and I will just take all my things back to the room at the Siesta Motel in the cheap plastic bags they provide you with.  I can pack everything up in my room and that way I am not making my luggage vulnerable.  Live and learn.  At least I did not lose the huge blue bin and I have that much nicer Pendleton bag as a free replacement for the green duffel bag I've had for some time.  

That Goodwill is amazing - I have gotten such GOOD deals on Mexican blankets - much much much cheaper than they would sell for in Nogales or Algodones.  I have indeed found some incredible deals there on clothes and housewares and I am also happy that the digital scale I bought there works - now that's cool that that works, yes indeed.

So - this decade so far as I have stated before truly has been insane with no let up or break in the insanity.  Covid has caused much change - some of the changes we will likely not know for awhile and then Russia has caused the International Order of things to flip due to it's invasion of Ukraine.  Probably there is no way to know of what kind of changes will be coming down the pike from this crazy and totally insane war.  All those poor Ukrainians - the photos coming out of Ukraine truly do seem horrible and this is the first major war of this caliber since 1945!!!  I really resent  Vladimir Putin for this insane war - but what of the changes his war will bring about? I'm thinking that we won't know all of them until more time passes - but to some degree, our lives and our society will indeed be reset.  

This resetting I mention above?  This does not bother me at all - not really - until I know exactly what resets will be taking place.  For one thing, I have the feeling that my days of international travel are over.  Mom needs someone around to check on her and travel is only going to get more expensive going forward due to the lack of business passengers up front subsidizing the airfares for people like me.  And the world right now does seem more dangerous than it did when I took my last real trip in 2017 to Thailand and SE Asia.  Back then fares were (somewhat) cheap and there were many flight options and borders were essentially open, also.  Boy, things sure have changed, have they not?  

Something interesting recently?  Remember how excited I was to join WaFd bank due to the checking account with the benefits for $6 a month?  Turns out that cell phone insurance typically does not cover prepaid phones such as mine.....and worse than that, I never received my debit card from WaFd and I did wait a ridiculously long time for it - I was told that the Scottsdale branch would make a debit card immediately available to me and when I called this branch to verify, it was like HUH? We Don't Do That.  So I very much feel lied to and that brought out the let's cut this cancer from my life in me - I was able to escalate and get a refund of the $30 I opened the account with - money from the Hope Research Study - with no fees taken out and in cashier's check form.  So there's no real loss involved here Thank God and I am so glad I got out of this bank when I did.  One hand doesn't know what the other is doing and there is entirely too much he said/she said going on.  Just glad to get out and without losing a penny to this shitty bank.  Thank Goodness that's over!  

I am glad to be a member of Navy Federal and also Sunwest Federal Credit Union and by joining First Convenience, I acquire bank access in Nogales, AZ, as this bank has a branch in the Wal Mart there on the north side of town.  So that's all good - cell phone insurance won't work for me with my prepaid plan and Identity Theft Coverage - I guess I did that for myself by freezing my credit with the 3 main credit bureaus.  Thank God I did that and Thank God that Mom is frozen too with the three big credit bureaus.  

It looks like I may be leaving for Nogales on April 10th and staying there likely for three nights.  That's cool - get there on a Sunday and then I have all of Monday and Tuesday for the thrift shop.  And this time I don't need anything big and bulky, SERIOUSLY.  If I hold off on big and bulky I do have a lot of room for summer stuff and the like.  Maybe I'll take a robe down with me and only minimal clothing for as much room and as much simplicity as it possible.  

Right now I wish to focus on saving money and getting rid of debt - I would like to move towards being free of debt.  There really is nothing that I can buy that will make up for what has went wrong in my life - I'm probably best off saving everything I can these days.  Something I CAN be doing upon my return from Nogales?  I can be donating plasma - there is more than one plasma company in the Valley and they all seem to be paying better for plasma these days due to the shortage of plasma I'm guessing.  It is possible now to make $1000 plus in your first month and then you can go on and do the same with other plasma companies - fast way to bank $2000, no?  That sure would be nice to have in savings!!! Nothing I have bought really does make me happy and has not for years.  How about this middle aged wisdom?  Get rid of stuff and get some money for that which you are getting rid of and save it.  Eventually I can be moving said money towards my debt which will just feel so nice to just get rid of and then NEVER AGAIN.  Being in debt is NO WAY to live.

Something I am finding interesting these days?  I can remember when I was growing up and being harrassed by male classmates - I honestly believed that women were safer and better.  Now I know very different and I find it amazing that (straight) men are walking away from women due to all the abuse/BS that women dish out.  I think what tipped me over, personally?  My mother's rich countess friend in Salzburg that would not meet with me due to my telling off Wells Fargo and Mom report carding me to one and all.  That was just too much for me - it's expected to be cordial to crooks and I am made into a socially inappropriate villian (sp?) for calling Wells Fargo for what they are?  NOPE. NEXT.  I do not need such insanity in my life PERIOD.  I'm also glad (in a way) that Astrid and Peter have made themselves unreachable for whatever reason.  I don't have much in common with them and I didn't care for Peter Feltein.  I still can't get over his showing me a pic of the yard in 2003 vs. now and commenting upon it?  I just don't understand this but the source seems to have moved on.  No great tragedy there, I don't fit in with these people anyway - and I don't care for how Astrid dropped her first husband for the "better deal" she's getting with Peter Feltein.  I am so glad that I don't live in Austria - that would just destroy my soul.  

At any rate, to some degree I finally feel some kinship with straight men and what they are expected to tolerate and endure from both women and society.  I never thought I would feel such understanding and compassion for straight men.....And I also feel the same about walking away from gay men.  I think of David Argast, Darren Curtis, John Masciola, and Paul Lambertsen and I'm just like - LEAVE ME ALONE.....I'm much better off alone.  I don't need to drama and stress and agitation of someone in my life in that way.  And it sure seems like I will be getting my wish in life to be left alone.....I'm 55, I live at home, I don't have a car and I don't drive, and I have not worked for years - who in their right mind would want me?  And something else - I remember how when I was young I felt so lonely - was that genuine human need for a social life of some sort or was that just social conditioning?  I'm thinking more and more that social conditioning had something to do with it - being alone just seems so so so much easier to me, it really does.  And I have absolutely no idea at all as to how to make a relationship last.  I never got any of these skills and I'm 55 now - that ship has sailed for sure by now.  

At any rate, I am off for Family Service Agency now.  I have both an office appt and group tonight - OTOH it's annoying as I feel I have been coralled into this, OTOH I have learned a lot about myself from doing research online now that therapy has cut through years of shame.  I can remember as an example how ashamed I was of my 2 arrests and 2 misdemeanors - I can finally speak of this with no cringing as I understand now that the arrests were only a symptom of what was wrong in my life and anger about being marginalized/outcast - that was the real issue but good luck getting anyone without a record to understand this.  But yeah, today I accept that I have PTSD and that I am schizoid. What a relief to be able to be real with myself if no one else!  And here I will sign out and hit the road.

More later, Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment

32.5 Years Ago Today.....

32.5 Years Ago Today.....I was in the bathroom here at the Cholla Branch Library a bit ago and did some math in my head and realized that to...