At The Burton Barr Branch.....libraries really do seem to be my thing these days - though you know, I have loved libraries for years. I like how I can come in here and just BE - and I am referred to as a "Patron" - something I really appreciate, as opposed to other words I might be referred to.
Moving along, today I did get the last segment of the BioSciences study done and it seems as if I may be able to do this again in a scant two months. There was some confusion over payment on ClinCard but I seem to have handled that and with some grace and class - I don't believe I was banned or DNU'ed. I can still remember that Andrea from MDS Harris years ago who DNU'ed me for a reason I never did find out but my guess is to limit how much one chats with any women at places like this, the problem though is that so many of the employees at places like this are indeed female. No great loss with MDS Harris, though - toward the end I seem to have stopped being eligible for their studies and I still remember what a nightmare it was to try and get on an MDS Harris study back in 2006 when I was with CPK and they so cooly accommodated this - I ended up only getting $400 and getting bumped due to my bilirubin being too high - I did make what I would have made working at CPK for the week, this much is true but the experience really did turn me off.
Something else too is that I received a text message from ClinCard regarding getting set up to receive money from BioScience Research - I think I'm OK though as that message I believe is generated from ClinCard and not some medical research site. So that's good, anyway. And this thing with Hope Research - it's all so bizarre as when I started, covid was such a big deal and now it truly is not the big deal it once was - Thank God. That was such a bizarre period of time. Nothing quite like that had ever happened in my lifetime but at least I seem to have gotten through it in one piece - though I have to say I do wish that Fermin had not passed and it's amazing to me that a virus can originate in China and then come all the way across the world to Phoenix and then kill off a tenant in the guesthouse, once again here, on the other side of the world. I sure hope Fermin is at peace, visiting with his Mom and riding horses up in heaven.
I'm back after some time away and I am wondering if I should just go to Mexico City instead. It would be less expensive overall for sure. I could go direct from Phoenix, stay at a reasonably priced Centro Historico Hotel, and shop at Tepito. I've also found massuers available but one bummer is that for a huge sprawling city the size of Mexico City there are not all that many listed. If I can get the watches taken care of and do some sightseeing, that would be enough for me, seriously. It's worth a try, no? Going to pack up and go home now, something I am dreading as it's always difficult, it really is. I just have to accept that like with Mary Tyler Moore on Ordinary People, Mom just does not have warmth or love to give. Or real genuine emotion. And yet she has all the negative female attributes - the report carding, the expectation of perfection, and how things look is much more important than how things are. Ugggggggh. I am so glad that men around the world are walking away from commitment with women as women will drive you completely insane, they really will. And this comes from someone who is not sexually attracted to women nor has had any attempt at a relationship with a woman. Imagine for guys that have this - how fucking burnt out they must become. I can't even.....I just can't. But whatever - at least what I have been saying is true. At least I never married or had kids, Thank God.
More later, Rob
PS Had a bit of a reprieve today - I called Patti and it turns out she fell and broke her femur and is in the hospital though she did sound lucid and I am sure she will get bumped out of there fairly soon.....
No comments:
Post a Comment